PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST BY FRANCIS BACON1970/71 Richard Hamilton (1922 − 2011)
This print is a combination of collotype and screenprint. The collotype process involved the artist drawing the design for each colour to be printed onto separate plastic sheets; the image then being photographically transferred onto the glass plates for printing. The source for this print was a rejected Polaroid photograph taken by the artist, Francis Bacon.
- Accession Number P1497
- Dimensions 82 X 69 CM
- Media SCREENPRINT OVER COLLOTYPE (POLAROID OF RICHARD HAMILTON BY FRANCIS BACON)
A process whereby the image is transferred photo-mechanically onto glass or zinc plates coated with light sensitive gelatine. This is essentially a commercial process for the reproduction of artists’ drawings and watercolours. Also called a photogelatin process.
The arrangement of elements or details in an artefact or a work of art.
The depiction of shapes and forms on a flat surface chiefly by means of lines although colour and shading may also be included. Materials most commonly used are pencil, ink, crayon, charcoal, chalk and pastel, although other materials, including paint, can be used in combination.
A permanent image taken by means of the chemical action of light on light-sensitive surfaces.
An instant film producing almost immediate images without the use of negatives.
- Austria, Salzburg, Museum Der Moderne
- Greece, Andros, Basil And Elise Goulandris Foundation Museum Of Contemporary Art
- Germany, Hildesheim, Roemer- Und Pelizaeue Museum
- Poland, Bytom, Museum Gornoslaskie
- Poland, Lodz, Museum Sztuki
- Poland, Warsaw, National Museum
- USA, Mary Washington College Galleries
- USA, Springfield Museum Of Art
- USA, New Jersey, Stedman Art Gallery, Rutgers State Univeristy Of New Jersey
- USA, Provo, Museum Of Art Brigham Young University
- Spain, La Coruna, Fondacion Barrie De La Maza
- Spain, Seville, Museo De Bellas Artes
- Spain, Bilbao, Museo De Bellas Artes De Bilbao
- Cyprus, Nicosia, Nicosia Municipal Arts Centre
- Egypt, Cairo, British Council Office - Cairo
- Egypt, Alexandria, British Council Office - Alexandria
- Italy, Naples, Naples
- Italy, Cagliari, Assozione Culturale Italia Inghliterra
- Belgium, Antwerp, Luchtbal Art Centre
- France, Gravelines, Musee Du Dessin Et D'estample Originale
- Greece, British Council Office - Cyprus
- Germany, West Germany
- Netherlands, Netherlands
- France, France