Anthony Davies (1947 − )
Anthony Davies was born in Hampshire in 1947 and attended the Manchester School of Art, Royal College of Art and British School in Rome where he was awarded the Prix de Rome.
Before setting up his own print workshop in 1986 Davies taught in institutions throughout the UK including the University of Ulster where he settled in 1984.
Davies exhibited widely in the UK and abroad with solo shows at Compass Gallery in Glasgow and Bluecoat Gallery in Liverpool. His work has been described as “infused with a strong sense of social conscience.”
Examples of his works are held by several public collections both in the UK and overseas.
Buckman D., 2006, Artists in Britain since 1945, Vol 1, Art Dictionaries Ltd, Bristol
- Albania, Tirana, National Gallery
- Croatia, Osijek, Galerija Likovbih Umjetnosti
- Croatia, Zagreb, British Council Office - Zagreb
- Jamaica, Kingston, National Gallery Of Jamaica
- Barbados, St Michael, Barbados Museum And Historical Society
- Barbados, St Michael, Central Bank Gallery
- Colombia, Colombia
- Ecuador, Ecuador
- Brazil, Brazil