Boushra Almutawakel (1969 − )
Boushra studied in the USA and Yemen, attaining a degree in International Business at the American University in Washington, DC. After graduating she developed her photographic work whilst working as an educational adviser with Amideast in Yemen.
She became a full-time photographer in 1998 and was honoured, in 1999, as the first Yemeni female photographer by the Empirical Research and Women's Studies Centre at Sana'a University.
In 2003, she won a World Studio Foundation scholarship along with two other awards. Her work has been published by CMYK Magazine. Graphis New Talent Design Annual, Business and Accounting Magazine and Yemen today.
Boushra lives and works in San'a.
The arrangement of elements or details in an artefact or a work of art.
- UK, Liverpool, Liverpool John Moores University
- UK, London, Brunei Gallery
- Qatar, Doha, Waqif Art Centre - Souq Waqif
- United Arab Emirates, Riyadh, Museum of Islamic Civilization
- Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, Riyadh National Museum
- Saudi Arabia, Jeddah, Bait al Bont
- Bahrain, Manama, Beit Al Qur'an
- Oman, Muscat, Bait Al Zubair Museum
- Oman, Muscat, Bait al-Baranda